Residential Pickup Guidelines – Town of Manning and Village of Berwyn
To better serve the residents of the Town of Manning and Village of Berwyn and the trucking companies (collector).
- The towns provide service once a week to be collected from each residential premise where a five bag limit – 25kg (55lbs) per bag shall be readily accessible by 7:00 a.m. on the day of collection.
- The Municipalities shall not remove from the premises:
- Construction & Demolition materials
- Dead animals
- Discarded furniture, automobile parts, private vehicles and household appliances
- Fences, gates, other permanent and semi-permanent fixtures
- Tree limbs, whole shrubs or bushes and portions of hedges
All residential property owners or occupants of any building within the municipalities shall:
- Place solid waste in securely sealed plastic garbage bags that may be placed curbside only at prescribed times to eliminate the interference from dogs or other animals.
- On any day except garbage pickup day, bagged garbage must be stored in a secured garbage area that is sanitary, odor free and inaccessible to animals or birds.
- Metal and plastic garbage containers used for bagged garbage storage shall have a weather/animal proof lid, and be kept in a sanitary condition at all times to prevent obnoxious odors and potential health problems. Full garbage containers can not exceed 34kgs (75lbs). Containers are to be equipped with handles in good repair, not more than 76cm (30inches) in height and 51cm (1.7ft.) in diameter.
- Any material situated within 1 meter of the collection point, which appears to be a collectable waste, may be removed and disposed of by the collectors as if such material is in fact collectable waste.
- All owners or occupants are encouraged to recycle any acceptable recyclable waste materials.
- No person shall put out waste material or garbage unless:
- Grass clippings are in an appropriate garbage bag not to exceed 25kg (kilogram) and securely tied.
- Garbage and waste from domestic establishments is thoroughly drained and placed in securely tied garbage bags.
- Waste paper, cardboard and other inoffensive refuse is to be placed within a securely tied garbage bag.
- The collector shall not collect ashes that are not properly quenched and appear to be hot or likely to cause a fire.
- Disposal of all waste unacceptable for removal by the collector shall be the responsibility of the occupant or property owner and any excess waste must be taken to the transfer stations.